Monday 27 October 2008

SPAA FRINGE: Thursday Day, 1

Arrived in Sydney at Central Station on Thursday at 2:30pm. It was raining and windy, apparently one of the worst days (weather wise) in Sydney during the month of October ever! So turning up in a bright blue polo and cargo shorts wasn't the best start to the trip.

But I grabbed a sandwhich from a nearby vendor and caught a train to St. Lenoards. While trying to not be blown away from the mighty wind, I made it to Johnny's work (mate from school days) and he gave me his spare key. Then on the way back, and in true Indina Jones style I got onto the return train moments before the doors closed.

Another long walk and finally Johnny's house. I bumped into his Forgien room mate, who was great for conversation, dropped off my bag, quickly changed and taxied it to the new home of AFTRS, in Moore Park.

Free drinks, food and networking was a nice touch, but I had come for one thing, to watch Mens Group. Every since interviewing John L Simpson for Into the Shadows I had been keen to watch Mens Group and it did not disappoint! Its the kind of movie every guy will avoid seeing but if they watched it, they would connect with it on all levels. Its going to provide John L with a challenging marketing task but good luck to him! Its a solid film; funny, revealing and top perfomances.

Taxi back to Johnny's and first night on the couch. Spaa Fringe 2008 has begun.

No comments: