Tuesday 19 February 2008

No Good Night but hopefully plenty of Luck!

I haven’t gone to sleep tonight, and our flight is at 6:50 am so I don’t think I’ll get there, plenty of time to rest on the plane...we are off to the AIDC 2008 in Fremantle. Never been to West Aussie, heard its a great place so I’m looking forward to it.

Last night was Tropfest 08, sorry...last night was SONY TROPFEST 08! It was packed in Canberra- a 20,000 strong crowd and for once the weather was hot and sunny! Sometimes I forget if its a marketing event or a short film festival, either way I suppose its great to bring so many people together to support short films. I must admit I snuck away during the interval to have a coffee but congrats to all the winners and a big shout out to the two local entries from Canberra who made it into the top 16.

Today Phil added links to the new bios and should have them up and running tomorrow, if we can fit it in between the flights, DOCO2012 seminar and drinks. Whilst Phil worked on the website, I edited our Documentary Australia proposal. I can finally say that it is done! And I am looking forward to meeting Mitzi Goldman and Susan MacKinnon on Wednesday at the round table discussion. If successful Into the Shadows will be given official recognition by the foundation which will help us in our venture to woo philanthropic investors.

My right pointer finger is sore from typing, my neck is creaking and my bag is not packed...time to sign off and get everything else ready for the trip.

Look out for our daily updates whilst at the AIDC.

No comments: